Slayer #20 out!
. . .
If one must go out, this is the way to do it. Slayer mag has seriously upped the ante for printed zines with its final issue, #20. As the photos above show, it's a beautiful, hardback beast. It comes with the following:
- 100 pages
- Front and back covers designed by Erik Danielsson of Watain
- Features on Bathory, Kreator, Grotesque, Master's Hammer, Funeral Mist, Nifelheim, Whiplash, Sadus, Deströyer 666, Watain, Sunn O))), Jarboe, and more
- Double-sided A2 poster: Jon Nödtveidt on one side, Slayer XX cover on the other
- 12" EP of Morbid (previously unreleased tracks featuring Dead of Mayhem)
- Print run of 2000
- Delicious photo gallery of these things here
A French compilation of the first five issues of Slayer is available here. It reprints the originals and includes French translations. English-language reviews of Slayer #14 to #19 are available at Voices from the Darkside.
Finally, the long-awaited Slayer Mag Diaries has a projected release date of June 6, 2011. As I understand it, this isn't a straight reprinting of issues #1 to #19. It's a best-of collection of selections from those issues, along with new, archival, and unreleased content. Keep your eyes peeled on Bazillion Points' page for the book here.
. . .