Tour Photo Journal: Adventures in Worldwide Brutality with Enforced
Richmond crossover thrashers Enforced are set to release their third LP War Remains on April 28th. It’s another scorcher of an album that follows their well-established blueprint from At The Walls and their Century Media debut Kill Grid: you get fast and furious thrash delivered in an uncompromising fashion, being shouted at for just over half an hour. The album art continues their great black and white aesthetic; another layer of bleakness to go along with their scorch-the-earth mentality when it comes to their unwavering dedication to destruction.
Contrasting that menacing aesthetic, the band has provided a tour journal in picture form and features everything from food idolatry to sleep deprivation to thumb wars. The boys seem like they had a fun time in the US, Europe and even a “Tour of Italy” to boot. No stone is left unturned, no sleeping bandmates were left alone and fun seems like it was had by all except when getting blinded by a flash at 2 AM or losing golf to 200 Stab Wounds or just a friendly round of 21 with the fellas. Touring seems to feel a lot like fun and less like work with every one of these memories and if a picture is worth a thousand words, this intro is exactly 222.
1. Eric Wagner and the giant hot dog. When in Tucson get the Sonoran dogs.
2. There is nothing that captures a friendship like a full flash post gig picture at 2 AM. Knox and Zach in the playpen. The playpen is the back of the van that’s emptied out so mfers can sleep there overnight…
3. Just a country boy throwing a smile in the redwoods
4. Slave to the Grave night 1 of St. Vitus in Brooklyn, this was the introduction to the soon to be reality of Alex and Knox as old head heshers.
5. The start to a heated all night card game of golf between 200 Stab Wounds and Enforced…if you’ve never heard of the game go check it out.
6. Knox and the alien: Heber, AZ…Travis Walton…Knox.
7. Who the fuck is that guy? We have a running joke about Knox looking like this where we ask each other that question. Damn near every time we stop, every morning walking back to the van, or after we load in, Knox is posted up somewhere looking exactly like this.
8. I think we all do a great job of making ourselves at home wherever we are and I think that and our sense of humor is what keeps our spirits so high when we travel. This one in particular really stands out to me as we were in the middle of our first European tour and we took a day off situation to get as relaxed and at home as we could and soak up the French countryside. - Chungo
9. Dab smoking; enjoying a nice day off in Boucau during the summer of 2022, Beheading Europe tour.
10. Sometimes there is nothing like going on a “Tour of Italy” in Baltimore, Maryland.
11. This picture was taken at 12:01 on Dab’s birthday, this picture really embodies the type of person he is. He loves light beer and staying up late.
12. Dropping the GOATed merch guy Niko Bella of legendary Finnish titans Killing Frost off at Gatwick after the Euro 22 tour. Wilkman’s War.
13. McCardle and Z: We met up with High Command in the summer of 2022 in Germany to play 3 shows. This was backstage in Kassel, go check out Eclipse of the Dual Moons by High Command.
14. Teamwork makes the dreamwork…getting the metal nets unfuckulated in good ol WaKeeney, KS on the way out to meet At The Gates and Municipal Waste in 2022. We had to get a game of 21 in during our stop in this town of 1800 people.
15. Some may know, but Zach is an am-pro fingerboarder. The guy doesn’t go anywhere without one and he’ll turn anything into an obstacle…like Knox’s hat…
16.1 and 16.2 Asleep thumb war: You’re super tired…need to catch some z’s…but once approached and a thumb war is declared whether you’re asleep or wake doesn’t fucking matter, defend your honor.
War Remains releases April 28th via Century Media.