Polish metal band Decapitated were arrested on charges of first-degree kidnapping after an incident that allegedly took place after their August 31 concert in Spokane, WA. Members of the band were accused of kidnapping and raping a woman in their tour bus, accusations they denied in a statement on September 14.

Since then, members of Decapitated have been extradited from the Los Angeles County jail back to Spokane. They have also been formally charged with rape, in addition to the kidnapping charges. The Spokesman-Review reports:

The rape charges vary between the four, from second degree for Rafal Piotrowski and Waclaw Kieltika, to third degree for Mikola LLysejko and Hubert Wiecek.

Waclaw Kieltyka will appear in Superior Court Friday, according to his attorney.

Decapitated also made another statement on Facebook. They write:

An update – following extradition from California to Washington, the band has now been charged. We’d like to emphasise; the Spokane Police Department has pressed charges as procedural formality, without doing so, they would be forced to release band – this is not a conviction or any indication of guilt or innocence. Once again, we ask that everyone wait for each party’s case to be presented and await the court’s decision. With that said, whilst cases are being prepared on both sides, some facts are indisputable at this point – that the original officer who took the complaint from the accuser stated, "I do not have probable cause that a rape occurred”, and it’s taken a full 30 days to file charges, which is right up against the point at which the defendants would legally have had to be released.

The band firmly refutes the allegations and are confident that once the facts and evidence have been seen and heard, they will be released and able to return home.

Individuals who were present on the night in question with information about the case are asked to reach out to the defense lawyer, Steve Graham of Spokane, Washington.

More From Invisible Oranges